Senior Linux System Administrator
PKH Enterprises seeks a Senior Linux System Administrator whose primary responsibility will be to support the operation and maintenance activity on Hadoop clustered big data environments for the Department of Homeland Security Intelligence & Analysis branch.
- Administer and maintain Centos/RHEL environment
- Provide IT operations maintenance and support
- Support software installation and upgrades as well as configuration and management of servers and virtual environments
- Maintain Cloudera Hadoop environment
- Utilize Puppet scripts for the configuration management of a big data environment
- Implement O/S patches with Yum repos
- Build and maintain VM servers hosted on KVM servers.
- Perform security scans with Nessus and SCAP and resolve findings
- Utilize LDAP to manage accounts
- Utilize Nagios to monitor system performance
- 5+ years of direct support administering CentOS/RHEL environment
- Experience with Puppet
- Experience with PXE boot, DHCP, and Kickstart build processes
- Experience with LDAP, Accumulo, Solr, zookeepers, and HDFS
- Strong experience in UNIX shell scripting
- TS/SCI clearance w/CI Poly
This position will be based out of Washington, DC.
Apply for this Position:
To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter by clicking "Apply Now" below. Resumes and cover letters should be submitted in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat formats. Documents submitted in other formats may not be reviewed. Please include your contact information in the body of the email.
PKH Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce. PKH Enterprises, LLC offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as great long-term career opportunities.